Monday, August 16, 2010

Our trip to Washington D.C.

I went to Washington D.C from California on August 14th. The flight was about 5 hours long. On the flight, I ate a lot of stuff and taught my mom how to make paper stars. Washington D.C. Is in east coast, so the time is three hours later than California. After the flight, we rode a train to pick up our suitcases. Then my mom's friend Max picked us up and we went to his house to live with him for two days. By the time we got to his house, he was very tired because he lives in Virginia and his house was about one hour away from the airport.
Now it's my third day in Washington D.C, and we are living at a hotel now. We went to Washington Mall today. We went to Lincoln Memorial. I learned that there were 36 columns in it, because when he died there were 36 states. We also went to Vietnam Memorial. They lost the Vietnam War. 58,000 people died!
We also went to a castle, museums, and other things. Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment